Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Recent Work


Shell
12 x 16 oil on panel (sold)

Cherries & Pear
13 x 15 oil on panel  (sold)
I just delivered these two to Abend Gallery in Denver, CO.

Gosh, I have so much to learn! Seeing all these images here makes me want to make changes on each one. It's not that I'm picky, it's that I know that I know that I'm missing something that has to do with values, but I don't know exactly how to get to it. Just working harder isn't alway the answer - there is a painting principle that's missing and must be realized before work can truely improve.

3 comments:

  1. Your work is stunning. I love Vermeers Room. You have a real sense of light. It was fun taking the workshop with Lisa Gloria.
    Your work looks like you could offer some workshops of your own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Greg! You made my day!

    Yes Lisa's workshop was great fun - nice to meet others folks and be reminded of things that I need to work more on. Technology of the virtual workshop is amazing and I hope to support those two gals when I can.

    As far as workshops from me, that won't be happening in this hectic lifetime - but maybe the next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent! I look forward to seeing more paintings as well as your use of Munsell.

    ReplyDelete